Your Acer desktop or laptop has no sound. To fix the sound problem, you may want to update the Realtek audio driver, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll learn 2 easy ways to update the Acer Realtek audio driver.
Way 1: Update the Realtek audio driver manually
You can update the Realtek audio driver manually via Device Manager. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button and select Device Manager.
2) In Device Manager, expand the category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Right-click on the Realtek Audio entry and select Update driver.
3) Select Search automatically for drivers, then Windows will search your computer for a newer driver and install it on your computer.
After the search is done, you may get a message saying “The best driver software for your device is already installed”. It means your Realtek audio driver may be up-to-date, or Windows may fail to provide you with the latest Realtek audio driver. In this case, you can head to Way 2 to try updating the Realtek audio driver automatically.
Way 2: Update the Realtek audio driver automatically
To ensure updating the Realtek audio driver successfully, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect any outdated or missing drivers on your computer. It has the Free version and the Pro version. You can download and install the Realtek audio driver with the Free version. But with the Pro version, you’ll get full support and 30-day money back guarantee.
1) Download Driver Easy and install it on your computer.
2) Launch it and click Scan Now, then Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any outdated or missing drivers on your computer.
3) Click the Update button next to the Realtek audio driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once the driver is downloaded, you can install the driver manually with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy. If you want the driver to install automatically, you can use Driver Easy Pro.
You can update the Acer Realtek audio driver easily with the tips above. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.