If you want to update your Alienware audio driver, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, I’ll show you how to download and install the latest audio driver for your Alienware computer.
Way 1: Update Alienware the audio driver manually
You can update the audio driver manually via Device Manager. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button and select Device Manager.
2) In Device Manager, expand the category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Right-click on the audio entry and select the Update driver option.
3) Select Search automatically for drivers, then Windows will search your computer for a newer driver and install it on your computer.
After the search is done, if you get a message saying “The best driver software for your device is already installed”, it means your audio driver is up-to-date, or Windows fails to provide you with the latest audio driver. In this case, you can head to Way 2 and see if you can successfully update the driver with a third-party driver utility.
Way 2: Update Alienware the audio driver automatically (recommended)
To ensure updating the audio driver successfully, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect any outdated or missing drivers on your computer, and allow you to update a driver with just a few clicks. With Driver Easy, you can expect you’ll save much time on updating drivers.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the audio driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
Hopefully you can update the Alienware audio driver easily with the ways above. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.