When your Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 WiFi randomly disconnects or stops working, you may want to update the driver to fix the problem. In this post, I’ll show you how to download and update the driver for Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 WiFi Adapter. It is easy and quick.
There are three ways for you to choose from to download and update the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 driver. Just use one of them according to your needs.
Way 1: Update the driver via Device Manager
You can update the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 driver manually via Device Manager. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button and select Device Manager. Then the Device Manager window will pop up.
2) At the Device Manager window, double-click on “Network adapters” to expand it and double-click on the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 WiFi Adapter to open its Properties window.
3) At the Properties window, click the Driver tab and click the Update Driver button.
4) Select Search automatically for drivers. Then Windows will search for the latest driver and update the driver automatically.
When the search is complete, if you get a message saying “The best drivers for your device are already installed”, it means you have installed the latest driver or Windows fails to provide you with the latest driver. If you’re not sure about which situation you’re in, you can head on to use the other two ways to check again.
Way 2: Download and install the driver from manufacturer
One way of updating the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 driver is to download and install the driver from your computer manufacturer.
1) Verify what your computer model is and what Windows version your computer is running.
2) Go to your computer manufacturer’s website.
3) Search for your computer model then you’ll be directed to the product page, where you can download the driver you need.
4) Download the latest version of the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 driver corresponding with your Windows version.
5）Once the download is done, double-click on the downloaded file (.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Way 3: Update the driver with Driver Easy (recommended)
If you don’t have the time and computer skills to update the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, to download the correct drivers, you don’t need to verify your computer model and your Windows version. You can update drivers with a few clicks even if you don’t have too much computer skills.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is complete, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
Tip: If your computer can’t connect to the internet, you can use the Offline Scan feature in Driver Easy to download and update the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 driver easily.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.