When you are trying to use the camera on Windows, you get an error message saying: 0XA00F4289 Active Unplug Error. That can be frustrating. Then what to do to fix the error?
Four methods are available below for you to fix the error. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Activate the camera manually
If the camera is diabled on your computer, you’ll need to activate it manually so you can use the camera without this error.
Usually, you can use the function key combination to activate the camera manually. Regarding what key combination you can use, it depends on your computer brand and model.
Two common sceneries:
If you see a Camera logo key on your keyboard, you can press Win+Camera (the Windows logo key and the Camera logo key) at the same time to activate the camera.
If you’re using an MSI computer, you can use Fn+F6 to activate the camera.
Tips: If you have no idea what function keys you should use, you can check your computer’s manual.
Method 2: Reset the camera app
To fix the 0XA00F4289 Active Camera Unplugged error, you can try resetting the camera app. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and the I key) to open the Settings window.
2) Click on Apps.
3) In the left pane, click on Apps & features. Then in the right pane, click on the Camera app, and click on Advanced options.
4) Scroll down and click the Reset button.
5) After the process finishes, close the Settings window, and check to see if you can use the camera without the error.
Method 3: Update camera driver
The 0XA00F4289 Active Camera Unplugged error can be caused by missing or outdated camera drivers. To fix the problem, you can try to update the camera driver.
To update the camera driver manually, you can google your computer’s name and go to the SUPPORT page where you can download the drivers.
Updating drivers manually can take time. To save more time, you can update the camera driver automatically with Driver Easy.
1) Go to Driver Easy’s official website. Download and install Driver Easy on your computer.
2) Launch it and click SCAN Now to scan your computer to detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the camera driver to update the driver.
4) After updating the driver, check to see if your camera works.
Method 4: Pinch your fingers on the camera
If you’re using laptops like Lenovo laptops, you can follow the instructions below to fix the 0XA00F4289 error. Many users have reported this method has helped them solve this error.
Pinch your fingers (one side on the camera area and the other on the back of the case) all around the camera area about 1-2 inches away. Keep pressing until the blinking on the camera stops. Then the camera should work.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below.