Cyberpunk 2077 was released in September. Though it was released not too long, some gamers have reported the screen flickering issues. If you’re also experiencing this issue, not to worry. You can fix it with the methods below.
Try these methods
Method 1: Use a higher screen refresh rate
A screen refresh rate is the number of times your monitor updates with new images every second. It’s written out in Hertz (Hz). For example, a 60Hz refresh rate means the screen updates 60 times per second.
A low refresh rate can cause the Cyberpunk 2077 screen flickering issue. So to fix the screen flickering issues in Cyberpunk 2077, you can try using a higher screen refresh rate.
Follow these steps to select a higher screen refresh rate:
1) Right-click on desktop and select Display settings.
2) Click on Advanced display settings.
3) Under Related settings, click on Display adapter properties.
4) Click on the Monitor tab, then in the Monitor Settings section, select a refresh rate that’s higher than the current refresh rate your monitor is using.
Note: In Windows, the refresh rate is set as 60Hz by default, so you should try a screen refresh rate higher than 60Hz. The maximum refresh rate you can use depends on your monitor. If you can’t select a refresh rate higher than 60Hz, this method doesn’t work for you. Just try other methods.
5) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
6) Restart your computer and check to see if the screen is still flickering when you’re playing Cyberpunk 2077.
Method 2: Update graphics card drivers
Outdated graphics card drivers can cause all kinds of game issues like the Cyberpunk 2077 screen flickering issue, so updating graphics card drivers may resolve the issue.
To manually update the graphics card driver manually, you can go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest graphics card driver (usually from the SUPPORT page).
Manually updating drivers takes time and requires a bit of technical knowledge. If you want to save time on it, you can do it automatically with Driver Booster. Just a few clicks are required.
Here’s how to update your graphics card driver with Driver Booster.
1) Download and install it on your computer.
2) Launch it and click SCAN to scan your computer to detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics card driver to update the driver.
4) Restart your computer and check to see if the screen flickering issue is resolved.
Method 3: Disable fullscreen optimizations
If you’re using fullscreen mode while playing Cyberpunk 2077, the screen flickering issue can occur. If that’s the case, try disabling the fullscreen optimizations in the system.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Right-click on the shortcut of Cyberpunk 2077 and select Properties.
2) Click on the Compatibility tab and select Disable fullscreen optimizations.
3) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
4) Restart your computer and check to see if the problem still persists.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.