The NVIDIA Control Panel not responding issue commonly occurs in Windows 10. Many Windows 10 users have reported this issue. To find the solutions to this issue, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll learn the methods to fix the NVIDIA Control Panel not opening issue.
Try these methods
Method 1: Download NVIDIA Control Panel from Microsoft Store
NVIDIA Control Panel is available on Microsoft Store. To fix the application not opening issue, you can try downloading and installing the application from Microsoft Store.
Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel download page of Microsoft Store and click the Get button. Then the application will be downloaded and installed to your computer automatically.
If Method 1 doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 2.
Method 2: Ensure NVIDIA services are running
If one of the NVIDIA services is stopped, the NVIDIA Control Panel won’t respond. So you can check the NVIDIA services and make sure they are at the Running status. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “services.msc” into the Run box and click the OK button, then the Services window will pop up.
3) At the Services window, right-click on the NVIDIA Display Container LS service and select Properties.
4) Check if the “Startup type” is set as Automatic and “Service status” is Running. If not, select Automatic from the drop-down menu of Startup type and click on the Start button, then click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
5) Repeat the step 3) – 4) for other NVIDIA services and ensure all NVIDIA services are running.
If Method 2 doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 3.
Method 3: Update NVIDIA display drivers
The NVIDIA Control Panel issue can be caused by outdated/faulty NVIDIA display drivers. You can try updating the NVIDIA display driver and see if it helps.
You can update the NVIDIA display driver via Device Manager. Follow these steps:
1) Open (learn how to access Device Manager).
2) Double-click on the Display adapters category to expand it.
3) Right-click on the NVIDIA graphics card device and select Update driver.
4) Select Search automatically for drivers. Then Windows will search for and install the latest driver automatically.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.