Hello, welcome to Mos Tech Tips. I know you’re having the frustrating issue of the Roblox white screen but have no idea how to fix it. It’s the last thing you want to see when you’re ready to dive into your favorite game. But don’t worry, because in this guide, I’m going to show you how to fix this problem step by step.
8 Methods to Fix Roblox White Screen
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
A poor internet connection is a common culprit behind the Roblox white screen. To rule this out, you can do the following steps:
- Restart Your Router and Modem. Unplug your router and modem, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug them back in.
- Use a Wired Connection. If possible, connect your device to the internet using an Ethernet cable for a more stable connection.
- Wait patiently. Sometimes, this can be a temporary issue. You can log out of the game, shut down your computer and leave for a while. After having a break, come back to see if it gets better.
Method 2: Update your Browser or Roblox Client
Using an outdated browser or Roblox client can lead to issues like the white screen issue. If you haven’t updated your browser or Roblox Client to the latest version, it’s time to do it now.
To update your browser, just go to their official website, download and install the latest version of the browser.
To update the Roblox Client, you can follow these steps:
1) Go to the Roblox’s official website (Roblox.com).
2) Log in to your Roblox account.
3) Select one of the experience’s pages from its homepage and click on the Play button to run that experience. Then Roblox will try to launch.
4) You’ll see a dialog pop up asking you if you want to open Roblox. Click the Open Roblox button to allow Roblox to open.
5) After that, Roblox will automatically launch and update itself. The process may take a few minutes. Wait patiently until the process completes.
Method 3: Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
The white screen could be caused by incompatibility issues. Running Roblox in the appropriate compatibility mode can help fix it.
Here’s how to run Roblox in Compatibility mode:
1) Open the specific Roblox game folder.
2) Right-click on the executable file (.exe), select Properties and then select the Compatibility tab.
3) Click on the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox and click on the Windows 8 checkbox.
4) Continue to click on the Run the program as an administrator checkbox.
5) Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Method 4: Disable Extensions
Certain browser extensions can interfere with Roblox and cause it to display a white screen. The known ones that can cause Roblox white screen are Tampermonkey and Violentmonkey. If you have installed these two extensions, disable them and it will probably help fix the problem.
If you have other extensions installed, try disabling them as well, as they might also be the cause of the Roblox white screen issue.
Disable all browser extensions one by one to verify the one that causes the Roblox white screen issue. Once done, you can enable them one by one again.
For Google Chrome, to disable an extension:
1) Open Google Chrome.
2) Select More (3 dots) > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
3) Turn off the extension you want to disable.
For Microsoft Edge, to disable an extension:
1) Open Microsoft Edge.
2) Select More (3 dots) > Extensions.
3) Turn off the extension you want to disable.
Method 5: Change Windows Settings (for Windows 11)
In Windows 11, there is a built-in feature called Optimizations for Windowed games. If you don’t turn it on, you may encounter a white screen when you try playing Roblox. So check and ensure this feature is turned on.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and then type ‘settings‘ to open the Settings menu.
2) Select System > Display > Graphics.
3) Select Change default graphics settings.
4) Turn on Optimizations for windowed games.
5) Restart your PC and try playing Roblox. Check to see if the white screen is gone.
Method 6: Check Firewall Settings
Your Roblox could be blocked by Windows Firewall or your security software. So you need to open your firewall settings and ensure Roblox is not blocked. If it is, unblock it.
If you have any security software installed, add Roblox to your security software’s exclusion list to prevent interference.
Read more on How to Check If Firewall is Blocking a Program.
Method 7: Uninstall and then Reinstall Roblox
Reinstalling Roblox will make all Roblox settings back to default. This might help fix the white screen error. To reinstall Roblox:
1) Type the Windows logo key, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
2) View by Category, select Programs > Programs and Features.
3) Locate Roblox, select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change, then follow the directions on the screen.
Method 8: Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Accumulated cache and cookies can be the cause of the Roblox white screen error. You can try clearing your browser cache and cookies and see if it helps fix the problem.
For Google Chrome:
Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete, select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, then click Clear data.
For Mozilla Firefox:
Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete, select Cookies and Cache, then click Clear Now.
For Microsoft Edge:
Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete, select select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and file, then click Clear now.
The Roblox white screen may be a common annoyance, but with the right steps, you can overcome it. Remember, troubleshooting is all about patience and persistence. By following the solutions outlined in this guide, you’ll be back to enjoying your favorite Roblox games without any white screen interruptions.
I hope this blog post meets your expectations! If you have any further requests or modifications, please feel free to let me know. Happy gaming!