When you’re importing your iPhone photos to Windows, if you get the error “The device is unreachable.”, you’re not alone. Many users have reported this issue. Read on and follow the instructions to fix the error.
When this error occurs, it’s more likely Windows detects the incompatible format of photos in your iPhone device, like the .HEIC format and the .MOV format. To fix the problem, you’ll need to configure the settings in iPhone to change the transfer method which allows you to transfer the photos without checking for compatibility. Just follow the steps below:
1) Unplug your iPhone from your computer.
2) Unlock your iPhone and tap Settings on the screen.
3) Tap on Photos.
4) Under TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC, you’ll see Automatic is selected by default. Simply tap on Keep Originals.
5) Plug your iPhone to the computer again.
6) Import the photos again and see if the error is gone.
Tip: The photos will be imported to Windows in the original format, but some formats like HEIC format are not supported by Windows. To open photos with these formats, you’ll need to use a converter.
The steps above can fix the device unreachable error in most cases. Hopefully you can resolve the problem with these steps. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.