Mods for Sims 4 can give you amazing gaming experience, but if they’re not working properly, they can create unexpected problems. Broken mods can even cause Sims 4 not to launch. When you’re having problems with mods, one of the solutions is to delete the mods. In this post, I’ll show you how to delete mods from your Mods folder step by step. It’s easy and quick.
How to delete all mods
If you want to delete all mods, you just need to delete the entire Mods folder.
Firstly, close the game.
Secondly, open File Explorer, then navigate to C:\Users[Your username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Inside the Sims 4 folder is a folder called Mods, which stores all mods you have installed. To delete all mods, just delete the Mods folder.
How to delete the particular broken mods
If you only want to delete the broken mods that are causing the game problems, you can refer to these steps:
1) Ensure the game is exit.
2) Open File Explorer.
3) Navigate to C:\Users[Your username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
4) Inside the Sims 4 folder, locate a folder called Mods. Open the folder and then move all mods to another location for example the desktop.
5) Move the mods back to the Mods folder one at a time. This will allow you to figure out what mods are broken and causing game issues.
6) Delete the broken mods as you wish.
What to do if deleted mods keep coming back?
Some Sims 4 users have reported that the deleted mods keep coming back. If you’re also experiencing this issue, don’t worry. The issue can be easily fixed.
When deleted mods keep reappearing, it’s probably because the OneDrive has synced the mods to the hard drive again. To stop the deleted mods from reappearing, you just need to disable the OneDrive’s auto syncing of Documents. To do so:
1) Click on the white or blue OneDrive icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.
2) Select Help & Settings and then select Settings.
3) Go to the Account tab and then click the Choose folders button.
4) At the pop-up window, tick the box next to Documents and then click OK to save the changes.
After disabling the OneDrive’s auto syncing of Documents, delete the Mods folder or the broken mods again. Then the deleted items won’t keep coming back.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.