Your system has the Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter built-in to support bluetooth devices. If your bluetooth device doesn’t work properly, you can try downloading and updating the Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter driver.
Below are three available ways for you to download and update the Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter driver.
Way 1: Through Device Manager
You can download and update the Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter driver through Device Manager. Here’s how:
1) Open Device Manager (learn how to access Device Manager).
2) Expand the category Bluetooth or Bluetooth Radios. Right-click on Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter and select Update driver.
3) Select Search automatically for drivers. Then Windows will search for new drivers. If there are any new drivers available, Windows will download and update the driver automatically.
This way may fail to work. If it doesn’t work for you, you can try other ways.
Way 2: From Microsoft official website
You can download and update the Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter driver from Microsoft official website. To do so:
2) Type “realtek bluetooth 5.0” into the search box and then click on Search.
3) Locate the latest driver for your Windows system and then click the Download button.
Important: Ensure you download the driver for Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter but not for other version adapters. Click on Title then you can check what the Driver Model is.
The downloaded file is a .cab file. After you download the driver, follow the below steps to install the driver.
1) Extract the download driver file (.cab file) to a folder.
2) Open Device Manager.
3) Expand the category Bluetooth or Bluetooth Radios. Right-click on Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter and select Update driver.
4) Select Browse my computer for drivers.
5) Click Browse….
6) Navigate to the folder where you extracted the .cab file to and then click OK.
7) Click Next, then the driver will be installed automatically.
Way 3: From your PC/motherboard manufacturer’s website
You can download and update the customized Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter driver from your PC/motherboard manufacturer’s website. Your PC or motherboard manufacturer will keep releasing new drivers on their website to fix bugs or improve features.
1) Go to your PC or motherboard manufacturer’s website.
2) Search for your PC model or the motherboard model.
3) Go to the driver download page.
4) Download the latest bluetooth driver for your Windows system.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.