Generally, modern USB input devices are plug and play devices. After you connect a USB input device (USB gaming keyboard, USB radio, etc.) to your computer, the device will work immediately. You don’t need to install a driver for the device, as Windows will install a driver automatically.
However, Windows isn’t perfect and sometimes fails to install the driver. In that case, you’ll need to install the driver for your USB input device on your own.
For whatever reason you want to install the USB input device driver, this post is for you. In this post, you’ll learn how to download and install the USB input device driver. It’s easy and quick.
You can download and install the USB input device driver manually and automatically:
Download and install the USB input device driver manually
Your USB input device manufacturer may update and release drivers on their website. You can go to the manufacturer’s website and check if there are drivers available to download.
The detailed steps to download the USB input device driver vary depending on the device manufacturer. For most manufacturers, you can download drivers from the Support -> Download page.
1) Go to the device manufacturer’s website.
2) Go to the Support -> Download page.
3) Search for your device model.
4) Download the latest driver for your Windows version (How to see what Windows version I have?).
5) After you download the driver, double-click on the downloaded file (.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Download and install the USB input device driver automatically
To download and install USB input device drivers more easily and quickly, you can use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a third-party driver update utility produced by Easeware. It can scan your computer to detect any outdated and missing drivers, then provide you with new drivers. It not only allows you to update computer device drivers, but also allows you to update external device drivers and unplugged device drivers.
With Driver Easy, to download and install a driver for your USB input device, you just need a few clicks.
Here’s how to use Driver Easy to download and install the USB input device driver:
1) Download and install Driver Easy on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer. The process can take a few seconds. Once done, you’ll see a list of new drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the USB input device driver, for example, USB Serial Port, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
Note: Driver Easy Free is partly free. Some features are not available in the Free version, for example, the automatic driver install feature. After the driver download is finished, if you want the driver to install automatically, you’ll need to upgrade to the Pro version.
Hopefully you find this post helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below, I’ll get back to you ASAP.