Hyper Scape is a battle royal game released by Ubisoft in July 2020. Since its launch, the game has been complained about the Hyper Vulkan error at the startup. The error message is saying:
“Display driver version xxx is not supported. Minimum display driver version is xxx. To ensure a better experience, please update your display driver.”
If you’re experiencing this error, don’t worry. You can fix it with one of the methods below.
IMPORTANT: Before you head to the methods, it’s recommended you check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements to play Hyper Scape. If your computer doesn’t even meet the minimum system requirements, these methods won’t work.
Following are the minimum system requirements to play Hyper Scape:
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 6600 @ 3.9GHz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB), AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB) or Intel HD 520
- Hard Drive: 30 GB available storage
- Sound card: DirectX-compatible Sound card card with latest driver
- Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, or controller
Method 1: Update your graphics card driver
As the error message says, the error is related to graphics card driver. To play Hyper Scape, you need to have the latest graphics card driver installed. So update your graphics card driver to the latest version, then you’ll be good to go. Note: If you’ve already had the latest version of the graphics card driver, you can try reinstalling the driver (see Method 2).
You can manually or automatically update your graphics card driver.
To manually update your graphics card driver, you can head over to the manufacturer’s website (AMD, NVIDIA, Intel, etc.), then download the latest graphics card driver according to your graphics card model and the Windows version your computer is running. Then double-click on the downloaded file to install the driver.
If you don’t have the time or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, you can update a driver with just a few clicks.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem driver on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics card driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
After updating the graphics card driver, restart your computer for the changes to take effect, then re-launch Hyper Scape to see if you’re still facing the error.
Method 2: Reinstall your graphics card driver
To fix the error, you can try reinstalling your graphics card driver. To do so:
Firstly, uninstall the driver
1) Right-click on the Start menu button then select Device Manager to open the Device Manager window.
2) Expand the Display adapters category and double-click on the graphics card device to open the Properties window.
3) Select the Driver tab and click Uninstall Device.
4) Tick the Delete the driver software for this device checkbox then click Uninstall to confirm the uninstall.
5) Once the driver is uninstalled, restart your computer to allow Windows to install the driver again.
After reinstalling the driver, re-launch Hyper Scape and see if the error is resolved.
Method 3: Contact Ubisoft Support
The above two methods have worked for most players who encountered this error. But there is always a chance that it may not work for you. If that’s the case, the last method you can try is to contact the official Ubisoft Support. You can contact them on Twitter, and they will help troubleshoot the problem.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.