You can’t use your webcam, and in Device Manager, you see an ISP Camera Device shown under the Other devices category. Besides, there’s a blue yellow mark over the circle on the device icon. What does this mean and how to fix your webcam not working issues?
ISP stands for Image Signal Processor. If it’s not working properly, it’ll cause your camera not to work properly. A blue question mark on the device means the exact (device-specific) driver is not installed, and the compatible driver has been installed.
To fix your webcam not working issues, you can try to install the exact camera driver for the device. You can do it with one of the following two methods.
Method 1: Reinstall the camera driver
To reinstall ISP the camera driver, you can follow these steps:
1) In Device Manager, right-click on the ISP Camera Device and select Uninstall device.
2) On the pop-up window, click Uninstall to uninstall the device.
3) Click Scan for hardware changes in the top then the driver will be reinstalled automatically.
If the driver doesn’t reinstall, restart your computer to allow Windows to reinstall the driver again.
If Method 1 doesn’t work for you, you can try to update the camera driver with Method 2.
Method 2: Update the camera driver
You can update the camera driver manually or automatically.
To update the camera driver manually, you can go to your laptop’s manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver. The drivers can always be downloaded from the ‘SUPPORT’ page. Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you don’t have the time and computer skills to update the camera driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, you can update a driver with just a few clicks.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the camera driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
4) After updating the driver, check to see if your camera works.
If you can’t use your webcam due to one of the following errors, you can click on the link below corresponding to the error you’re experiencing, then find the solution.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below.