You can’t use your webcam, and in Device Manager, you see an ISP Camera Device shown under Other devices. Besides, there’s a blue yellow mark over the circle on the device icon. What does this mean and how to fix your webcam not working issues?
ISP stands for Image Signal Processor. If it’s not working properly, it can cause your camera not to work properly as well. A blue question mark on the device indicates the exact (device-specific) driver is not installed, and the compatible driver has been installed.
To fix your webcam not working issues, you can try to install the exact camera driver for the device. You can do it with one of the following two methods.
Method 1: Reinstall the camera driver
To reinstall the camera driver, you can follow these steps:
1) In Device Manager, right-click on the ISP Camera Device and select Uninstall device.
2) On the pop-up window, click Uninstall to uninstall the device.
3) Click Scan for hardware changes in the top then the driver will be reinstalled automatically.
If the driver doesn’t reinstall, restart your computer to allow Windows to reinstall the driver again.
If Method 1 doesn’t work for you, you can try to update the camera driver with Method 2.
Method 2: Update the camera driver
You can update the camera driver manually or automatically.
To update the camera driver manually, you can go to your laptop’s manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver. The drivers can always be downloaded from the SUPPORT page .
Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Updating drivers manually can take time. If you want to save more time, or if you have no idea how to update the camera driver manually. You can do it automatically with Driver Booster. A few clicks are just required.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Download and install Driver Booster on your computer.
2) Launch it and click SCAN to scan your computer to detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the camera driver to update the driver.
4) After updating the driver, check to see if your camera works.
If you can’t use your webcam due to one of the following errors, you can click on the link below corresponding to the error you’re experiencing, then find the solution.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below.