Whenever you try to launch some programs, you get the mscoree.dll not found error. The error may show up in different ways. Following are the two common error message that Windows users have reported:
- This application failed to start because mscoree.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.
- The code execution cannot proceed because mscoree.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
To fix the error, you can try the following 5 methods.
Method 1: Install the mscoree.dll file
The problem probably is caused by the missing mscoree.dll file. To fix the problem, you can try restoring the mscoree.dll file. To do so, use DLL-files.com Client.
With DLL-files.com Client, you can download the mscoree.dll file with just one click, then install it easily on your computer. You don’t need to verify your Windows version. More importantly, you don’t need to worry about downloading the wrong files.
1) Download and install DLL-files.com Client on your computer.
2) Launch the program and type “mscoree.dll” into the search box and then click on the Search for DLL file button.
3) Click the mscoree.dll link.
4) Click the Install button. You’ll be prompted to buy a license key and register the program to install the file.
If Method 1 doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 2.
Method 2: Run System File Checker
If the mscoree.dll file is corrupted, the file not found error can occur. You can run System File Checker to check and repair the corrupted Windows files. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “cmd” into the Run box, and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter at the same time to open Command Prompt as administrator.
3) Type the following command and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. The command will scan the system files and repair the corrupted system files.
The scan process can take a while. Please wait patiently until the process is done. When you see Verification 100% complete on the screen, it means the process is done.
Method 3: Repair .NET Framework
The mscoree.dll file is part of Microsoft .NET Framework. If your .NET Framework installation is corrupted, the mscoree.dll file missing error can occur.
You can try downloading and running the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool, which helps you troubleshoot common issues with the NET Framework and may be able to automatically fix the mscoree.dll file missing issue.
To download the Microsoft .NET Framework, go to the download page of Microsoft and click the Download button. After download is done, double-click on the downloaded file then you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair.
If Method 3 doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 4.
Method 4: Reinstall the program
If the mscoree.dll not found error occurs to a particular program, reinstalling the program may help.
Firstly, uninstall the program. Follow these steps:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button at the lower left corner of the desktop and select Apps and Features.
2) Type the program name into the search box. Then you’ll see the program show up under the search box.
3) Click on the name of the program and click Uninstall. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the program.
Secondly, download and install the program again. Then check to see if the error still occurs.
Method 5: Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system
Your system can be infected by virus/malware and encounters the mscoree.dll file not found error. You can try running a virus/malware scan of your entire system with your antivirus/antimalware software and see if the error can be resolved.
If you have no idea what software is trustworthy, the well-known MalwareBytes could be your go to option. Click this link to download MalwareBytes and use it to scan your computer now.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.