Whenever you start your computer, you get a “RunDLL” popup with the error message saying:
“Error in C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll Missing entry: ShadowPlayOnSystemStart“
Not to worry. To fix the error, you can try these five methods:
Method 1: Reinstall ShadowPlay
As the error message says, the error is related to ShadowPlay. To fix the error, you can try reinstalling ShadowPlay.
Firstly, uninstall ShadowPlay.
ShadowPlay is included in Geforce Experience. To uninstall ShadowPlay, just uninstall Geforce Experience.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type “apps”. Then select Apps & features to open the Apps & features settings window.
2) Select Geforce Experience and select Uninstall to uninstall the software from your computer.
3) Once uninstalling is done, restart your computer.
Secondly, reinstall Geforce Experience.
Go to the Nvidia official website and click the DOWNLOAD button to download the latest version of Geforce Experience, then install it on your computer.
After reinstalling Geforce Experience, restart your computer and check to see if you’re still experiencing the nvspcap64.dll missing issue. If yes, continue to Method 2.
Method 2: Uninstall Nvidia Virtual Audio
The nvspcap64.dll missing issue can be due to the Nvidia Virtual Audio driver, which was installed along with the graphics card driver. It’s used to allow ShadowPlay to capture audio. If your system hardware doesn’t support it, you may get the nvspcap64.dll missing error. To resolve the error, you can try uninstalling Nvidia Virtual Audio from your computer.
To uninstall Nvidia Virtual Audio, go to Apps & features again. Select Nvidia Virtual Audio then select Uninstall. After uninstalling the software, restart your computer and check to see if the error persists.
If the error persists, move on to Method 3.
Method 3: Update the Nvidia graphics card driver
The nvspcap64.dll file is included in the Nvidia graphics card driver. Since the error message indicates the file is missing, you can try reinstalling it by updating the graphics card driver.
If you have GeForce Experience installed on your computer, you can use GeForce Experience to update the Nvidia graphics card driver.
If you don’t have GeForce Experience or if you don’t want to use GeForce Experience, you can use Driver Easy instead. Driver Easy Pro allows you to update all drivers with just one click.
After updating the driver, restart your computer and check to see if the error is resolved. If the error is still there, you can try Method 4.
Method 4: Restore the nvspcap64.dll file
Updating graphics drivers may help restore the nvspcap64.dll file. But if it doesn’t work for you, you can try restoring the nvspcap64.dll file with a trustworthy third-party software. If you’re not sure which software you can trust, it’s recommended that you try DLL-files.com Client.
With DLL-files.com Client, you can find the nvspcap64.dll file with just one click, then install it easily on your computer. More importantly, you don’t need to worry about downloading the wrong files.
1) Download and install DLL-files.com Client on your computer.
2) Launch the program and type “nvspcap64.dll” into the search box and then click on the Search for DLL file button.
3) Click the nvspcap64.dll link.
4) Click Install. You’ll be prompted to buy a license key and register the program to install the file.
Method 5: Edit the registry
The last method you can try is to edit the registry related to the nvspcap64.dll file.
IMPORTANT: Modifying the registry incorrectly can cause serious system issues. Please ensure you know what you’re doing. Before you edit the registry, it’s recommended that you back up the registry so you can restore the registry in case any issues occur.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type “registry”, and then select Registry Editor from the result list.
2) Once the Registry Editor opens, click Edit at the top and select Find…
3) Type “nvspcap64.dll” into the box and click Find Next.
4) Double-click on ShadowPlay and delete the following entry:
5) Close Registry Editor, and restart your computer to check to see if the problem is gone.
Hopefully you can fix the nvspcap64.dll file missing error with the above steps. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.