The Qt5Gui.dll file not found error can commonly occur to game software, like Origin, Dolphin, Genshin Impact, etc. The full error can read as either:
“The code execution cannot proceed because Qt5Gui.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”
“The program can’t start because Qt5Gui.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.“
If you’re experiencing this error, don’t worry. You can fix it with the methods below. Try the methods one by one:
Method 1: Download and install the Qt5Gui.dll file
The error message indicates that the Qt5Gui.dll file is missing on your computer. So to fix the error, you just need to download and install the file.
You can download the Qt5Gui.dll file manually and then put the file back to the location where it should be installed to. If you don’t have time to do it manually, you can do it quickly with DLL-files.com Client.
With DLL-files.com Client, you can download the Qt5Gui.dll file with just one click, then install it easily on your computer. You don’t need to verify your Windows version. More importantly, you don’t need to worry about downloading a wrong file.
Here’s how to use DLL-files.com Client to install the file:
1) Download and install DLL-files.com Client on your computer.
2) Launch the application and type “Qt5Gui.dll” into the search box and then click on the Search for DLL file button.
3) Click the Qt5Gui.dll link.
4) Click the Install button. You’ll be prompted to buy a license key and register the program to install the file. DLL-files.com Client will install the file to the correct folder.
After installing the file, check to see if the Qt5Gui.dll missing error is fixed.
Method 2: Reinstall the program
When the Qt5Gui.dll file missing error occurs, you can try reinstalling the program. The Qt5Gui.dll file should be installed along with the program.
Firstly, uninstall the program.
1) Right-click on the Start menu button at the lower left corner of the desktop and select Apps and Features.
2) Type the program name into the search box. Then you’ll see the program show up under the search box.
3) Click on the name of the program and click Uninstall. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the program.
Secondly, download the latest version of the program and install it to your computer. Then check to see if the error still occurs.
Method 3: Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system
If reinstalling the file doesn’t fix the error, your computer probably is infected by virus/malware. You can try running a virus/malware scan of your entire system to detect and and remove any virus/malware.
To detect and remove virus/malware, you can use a trustworthy third-party antivirus or anti-malware software. If you don’t have any antivirus or anti-malware software installed, the well-known MalwareBytes is recommended.
Click this link to download MalwareBytes and use it to scan your computer now.
Hopefully you can fix the Qt5Gui.dll not found error with the above methods. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.