Whenever you play Minecraft, your computer screen is tearing. How to get rid of this annoying issue? Read on, then you’ll find the solutions.
Method 1: Turn on VSync in Minecraft
The screen tearing issue can occur when the FPS (frame rate per second) in Minecraft is not in sync with the refresh rate that your monitor uses.
VSync is a feature designed to allow you to drop the game FPS. Once VSync is turned on, the game FPS can equal to or lower than the monitor refresh rate. In this case, the screen tearing issue will disappear. That said, turning on VSync can remove screen tearing effectively.
To turn on VSync in Minecraft, you can refer to these steps:
1) Launch Minecraft.
2) Go to Options -> Video Settings.
3) Drag Max Frame rate all the way to the left until you see VSync show on the screen.
4) Click on Done to save the changes.
5) Close Minecraft and open it again to check to see if the screen tearing issue is resolved.
Method 2: Change the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel
Some Minecraft players have reported that selecting “Let the 3D application decide” in the NVIDIA control panel works to resolve the screen tearing issue. If you’re using a NVIDIA graphics card, you can give it a try; just refer to the below steps.
1) Open NVIDIA Control Panel.
2) Expand 3D settings and click on Adjust image settings with preview, and then select “Let the 3D application decide”.
3) Restart your computer and check to see if you’re still facing the screen tearing issue in Minecraft.
Method 3: Buy a new monitor
If the above methods don’t resolve the problem, the last resort is to buy a new monitor that supports a higher refresh rate.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.