You can’t hear the sound from your computer, and in the Device Manager under “Other devices”, you see an exclamation mark over a yellow triangle on “Multimedia Audio Controller”. What does this mean?
The yellow triangle mark means the driver is not installed. It appears your sound computer not working issue is caused by missing the related audio drivers. To fix the problem, you can use one of the methods below to install the driver.
Method 1:Reinstall the driver via Device Manager
To fix the Multimedia Audio Controller driver issue, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the driver via Device Manager. To do so:
1) In Device Manager, right-click on the Multimedia Audio Controller and select Uninstall device.
2) On the pop-up window, you’ll see a warning message that says “You are about to uninstall this device from your system”. Just click Uninstall to confirm the uninstall.
If you see a box next to Delete the driver software for this device, check it and then click Uninstall to confirm the uninstall.
3) Restart your computer to allow Windows to reinstall the driver.
4) Check to see if your computer sound problem is resolved.
Windows may not be able to install the driver. In this case, you can try other methods to install the driver.
Method 2: Install the driver manually
To install the driver manually, you need to find the hardware id of the device then search the correct driver with the hardware id. Just follow these steps to install the driver manually.
1) In Device Manager, right-click on Multimedia Audio Controller, then click Properties.
2) Select the Details tab. Click in the “Property” list box and then select Hardware Ids from the drop-down menu.
3) In the Value box, right-click on the short value then click Copy.
4) Open your favorite browser then enter and paste the value into your search engine, and then perform a search.
Usually, the first result will give you the name of the driver. Once you get the driver name, you can go to the manufacturer’s website to download the driver directly.
After updating the driver, check to see if your sound issue is resolved.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below.