After you change your account picture on Windows 10, you may find it impossible to remove the account picture on the same screen. What if I want to remove the account picture later? In this post, I’ll show you how to remove user account pictures on Windows 10 step by step.
How to remove user account pictures on Windows 10
To remove user account pictures on Windows, follow these steps:
1) Open File Explorer.
2) Copy and paste the ‘%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Account Pictures’ location into the address bar of File Explorer. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard to open the Account Pictures folder which stores all used account pictures.
3) Select the picture you want to delete and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
4) Once the picture is deleted, you won’t be able to see it on the Account settings window.
Restore your user account picture to default account picture
If you don’t want to use your own pictures as user account pictures in the future, you can restore it to Windows default account picture. To do so:
1) Open the Account settings window where you created your own picture before.
2) Under ‘Create your picture’, click Browse for one.
3) Copy and paste the ‘%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Default Account Pictures’ location into the address bar of File Explorer, then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
4) Select the ‘user-192.png’ file and then click Choose picture. If the extension file name is hidden on your computer, you’ll see the file is displayed as ‘user-192’.
5) Check to see if the user account picture was replaced with the default user account picture.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.