Want to reinstall the Realtek audio driver to fix your Windows 10 sound not working issue? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, I’ll show you how to reinstall the Realtek audio driver on Windows 10 step by step. It’s easy and quick.
To reinstall Realtek audio driver on Windows 10, you just need to follow the below two steps:
Step 1: Uninstall the Realtek audio driver
Firstly, you need to uninstall the Realtek audio driver from Device Manager. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (The Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “devmgmt.msc” into the Run box and click OK to open the Device Manager.
3) Expand the category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Right-click on the Realtek Audio driver and select Uninstall device.
4) Tick the box next to Delete the driver software for this device.
5) Click Uninstall to uninstall the driver.
After uninstalling the driver, head to Step 2 to follow the steps to install a new Realtek audio driver.
Step 2: Install a new Realtek audio driver
There are two options for you to install a new Realtek audio driver.
Option 1: Reinstall the Realtek audio driver through Device Manager
After uninstalling the Realtek audio driver, you can easily install a new driver from Device Manager. Just restart your computer, then Windows will install the driver automatically for you.
But note that Windows may fail to provide you with the latest drivers. So if you’re still encountering the sound not working issue, you can try Option 2 to install the latest audio driver to fix the problem.
Option 2: Reinstall the Realtek audio driver with Driver Booster
Driver Booster is a well-known driver update utility which can update all your computer drivers with a few clicks. You can use it to scan your computer to detect any outdated or missing drivers, then install the latest drivers.
Here’s how you can use Driver Booster to download and install the latest Reatek audio driver.
1) Download and install Driver Booster on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click SCAN to detect any outdated or missing drivers on your computer.
3) Click the Update button next to the Realtek audio driver, then the driver will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.