No sound when you play League of Legends? Don’t worry. Try the methods below and the problem may be resolved.
Method 1: Check audio settings in League of Legends
Since the no sound issue only occurs to League of Legends, it’s possible the game’s sound is disabled. So the first thing recommended to do is to check the audio settings in League of Legends and ensure the game’s audio is not disabled.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Launch League of Legends and navigate to the home screen.
2) Click the gear icon in the top right to go to Settings.
3) Click the Sound tab.
4) Make sure the check box next to Enable Sound is selected and all sliders are moved to the right.
If this method doesn’t help resolve the problem, try the next method.
Method 2: Check if League of Legends is muted
If League of Legends is muted in the system, you can’t hear sound from it. So check if the game is muted and unmute it if necessary.
1) Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Open Volume mixer.
2) Check if League of Legends is muted. If it’s muted, you’ll see a red circle with a red line on it. If that’s the case, move the volume slider up to 100. After that, you’ll hear sound from League of Legends again.
If Method 2 doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 3.
Method 3: Check the output device settings for League of Legends
While playing League of Legends, you may use your monitor, headset or speakers to hear the sound. Whatever output device you’re using, you should make sure the output device is set to the device you’re using to listen to League of Legends.
You can follow these steps to check the output device settings for League of Legends:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type “sound settings”, then select Sound Settings from the result.
2) At the Sound Settings window, scroll down and click on App volume and device preferences.
3) Make sure the output device for League of Legends is set correctly. For example, if you’re using your monitor to hear the sound, under the Output Input section, ensure your monitor device is selected. If not, select it from the drop-down menu.
If Method 3 doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 4.
Method 4: Reinstall League of Legends
The last resort you can try to fix the no sound problem is to reinstall League of Legends. If you’re unsure how to do it, you can follow these steps:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button and select Settings to open the Windows Settings window.
2) At the Windows Settings window, select Apps.
3) On the left side, click on Apps & features on the left side. And then on the right side, scroll until you see League of Legends. Click on it, and then click on Uninstall. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstall.
4) Once uninstall is done, restart your computer.
5) Download and install League of Legends again.
Hopefully you can fix the League of Legends no sound problem with the above steps. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.