MP4 and MKV, which format is better? Why do many users convert MKV to MP4? Everything you need to know is explained in this article. Of course, you’ll also learn how to convert MK to MP4 without losing quality step by step.
MP4 & MKV
Both file formats are built as containers for video content, which means MP4 and MKV files contain video content and other metadata, subtitles and decoders, etc. Both formats support popular video codecs and high-quality video resolutions on the market.
In terms of compatibility, MP4 is better than MKV, and almost all media players support MP4 video, including the default player in Windows. Standalone hardware players are also available, such as TV and DVD players.
If you want to make sure your video plays on all devices, it’s better to convert the video format to MP4. Also, MKV is larger in size than MP4, so if you convert MKV files to MP4, it will also save storage space on your device.
How to Convert MKV to MP4 without Losing Quality
To convert MKV to MP4 without losing quality, you can use WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro, which supports almost all types of video conversion without quality loss. Not only that, converting MKV to MP4 with its help is faster than using other converters.
Moreover, there are other benefits of this software worth noting, including downloading videos from popular sites such as YouTube, editing audio and video files, compressing videos losslessly, etc.
HD Video Converter Factory Pro works on Windows 11/10/8/7 and lower and comes with an intuitive and clear interface. Read on to learn how to use it to convert MKV to MP4.
Here’s how to use Wonder fox HD Video Converter Factory Pro to convert MKV to MP4:
1) Download and Install the software on your Windows PC
2) Launch the application and select Converter.
3) Click “Add Files” to add your MKV files to the program.
4) In the section of “Click to change output format”, click to choose the output format as MP4.
At the “Video” tab, click on MP4 then the output format will be selected as MP4.
5) Click the Run button on the bottom right.
6) Click the Try it button to start converting MKV to MP4.
Note: The Free version of the program allows you to convert files limited to 5 minutes. If your MKV video’s duration is shorter than 5 minutes, the Free version is good to go. If your video’s duration is longer than 5 minutes, you’ll need to upgrade to the Pro version to finish converting.
After you’re done with converting your video from MKV to MP4, you can get the converted video by clicking the folder icon at the bottom.
Extra features of WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro:
- Add subtitles to video files.
- Convert video files to audio formats, such as VOB to WAV, MP4 to MP3, MPG to AC3, etc.
- Record the screen with sound.
- Convert video and pictures into GIFs.
- Convert SD video to HD video.
- Convert video to digital devices, phones, laptops, desktops, TVs, tablets, handsets, etc.
- Convert video files to MKV, MP4, MPG, VOB, WMV, AVI, M4V, 3GP, etc.
- Edit videos as you wish, cut, crop, clip, add effects, merge, watermark, trim, rotate, etc.
There are many MKV to MP4 converters, both online and desktop programs, which need to be chosen according to your needs. If you’re looking for an advanced and professional program, WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro is recommended.
The software doesn’t come with any complexity and fast conversions will give you surprising output quality. You can use it to convert MKV to MP4 without losing any quality. And it supports batch conversion mode, if you have a lot of audio and video files to be converted, it allows you to convert up to 10 at a time.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.