You are trying to launch the game like Fortnite, but get a message saying: DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine. That can be frustrating. This error usually can be caused by missing or outdated graphics card drivers, or corrupted DirectX files. To fix it, you can use one of the methods below.
Five methods are included below for you to fix the issue. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down until you find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Restart your computer
Just simply restarting your computer can fix the error. You may be wondering why.
The graphics card drivers can crash sometimes (especially under Windows 10). And this can cause the error “DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is required to run the engine”. Restarting your computer can allow Windows to reload the drivers, then the error can resolve.
But sometimes Windows can’t load the driver correctly during startup. If this doesn’t work for you, try other methods.
Method 2: Update your graphics card drivers
Two ways are available to update your graphics card driver.
Way1: Update the driver manually
You can go to your PC manufacturer’s website to download the graphics card driver manually. Usually, you can navigate to the SUPPORT page where you can download the driver. Once downloading the driver, install it on your computer and see if the problem is gone.
Way 2: Update the driver automatically
Updating drivers manually can take time. If you want to save more time, you can do it automatically with Driver Booster.
To use Driver Booster to update your graphics card driver, you just need a few clicks.
1) Download and install Driver Booster on your computer.
2) Launch it and click SCAN to detect any problem drivers on your computer.
3) Once the scan is done, you’ll see a list of drivers that you can update. Find the graphics card driver and click the Update button next to it. Then the driver will be downloaded and installed automatically.
4) Restart your computer and check to see if you can play the game without the error. If the problem persists, continue to try other methods.
Method 3: Install the latest game patch
The game developers will keep releasing patches to improve their games and fix issues like this. To fix the error, you can try to install the latest game patch.
Just go to your game developer’s official website to download the latest game patch.
Method 4: Update Windows
The error “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” may be caused by an older version of DirectX. If you don’t have installed the latest Windows Update, install it, as Windows Update includes the new version of DirectX.
Here’s how to install Windows Update.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and the I key) at the same time to open the settings window.
2) Click on Update & Security.
3) Click on Windows Update in the left pane, and click the Check for updates button in the right pane. The update process can take a few minutes.
4) Once the process is done, restart your computer and check to see if you can play the game.
Note: You only can download and install the latest version of DirectX through Windows Update, as there’s no stand-alone package for you to download from Microsoft.
Method 5: Install DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
The last method you can try is to install DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, which can repair all DirectX files.
Click the link here to download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. Once download is done, install it on your computer and see if the error persists.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. Feel free to drop a comment below if you have any questions.