If you’d like to convert your MOV files to MP4 files on Windows 10, you can use one of the 3 methods below. Each method provides you with a step-by-step guide. By following the guide, you can change .mov to .mp4 quickly and easily.
Method 1: Convert MOV to MP4 using Windows Photos
To convert MOV to MP4, you can use Windows 10 built-in app Windows Photos. It’s easy and quick. More importantly, it’s completely free.
Here’s how to use Windows Photos to convert MOV to MP4:
1) Right-click on your MOV file and then select Open with -> Photos. After that, the file will be opened with Windows Photos.
2) Click the three dot icon at the upper right corner and then select Save as.
3) Select a location where you wish to save the file to. Then select .mp4 from the drop-down menu of Save as type.
4) Click Save. Then the MOV file will be converted to the MP4 file automatically.
Note: This feature may not work in some versions of Windows Photos. If it doesn’t work for you, you may want to use a third-party video converter. Besides, this method doesn’t allow batch conversion. If you need to convert multiple files, it’s recommended you use a video converter. See Method 2 and Method 3.
Method 2: Convert MOV to MP4 using Wonderfox HD Video Converter Factory Pro
To convert MOV to MP4 on Windows 10, you can use Wonderfox HD Video Converter Factory Pro. The software has an easy-to-use interface so you can use it to convert MOV to MP4 easily.
HD Video Converter Factory Pro allows you to convert multiple files at one time. If you have more than one file that needs to be converted, you’ll like this feature, which will save you a lot of time.
The software has Free version and Pro version. Of course, the Free version has some limitations. But it allows you to convert files limited to 5 minutes. That’s to say, the Free version is good for you if your MOV file’s duration is less than 5 minutes.
Here’s how to use the Free version of HD Video Converter Factory Pro to convert MOV to MP4:
2) Launch the application and select Converter.
3) Click “Add Files” to add your MOV files to the program. If you have multiple MOV files, add them all. You can convert them at one time.
4) In the section of “Click to change output format”, click to choose the output format as MP4.
At the “Video” tab, click on MP4 then the output format will be selected as MP4.
5) Click the Run button on the bottom right.
6) Click the Try it button to start converting MOV to MP4.
After you’re done with converting your video from MOV to MP4, you can get the converted video by clicking the folder icon at the bottom.
Method 3: Convert MOV to MP4 using Wondershare Uniconverter
Another video converter option is to use Wondershare Uniconverter.You can use it to convert MOV to MP4 on Windows 10 easily. It almost has the same features as Wonderfox HD Video Converter. It’s powerful and easy-to-use too. But it’s not free. The Free version only allows you to convert 30% of the video.
Wonderfox HD Video Converter or Wondershare Uniconverter? It depends on you. You can download them to have a try and see which one is better.
Here’s how to use Wondershare Uniconverter to convert MOV to MP4:
2) Launch the application and click on Converter on the left side, and then click the “+” button to add your video file. If you have multiple MOV files, add them all. You can convert them at one time.
3) Click the arrow down button next to Output Format.
4) At the Video tab, select MP4 then select the resolution you want. The Same as source option is recommended.
5) Click Convert, then the video will be converted 30%. Upgrade to the Pro version if you want the video to be converted 100%.
Hopefully you can convert MOV to MP4 on Windows 10 easily with the above methods. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.