Whenever you play Valorant, the game audio keeps cutting out. That could affect your gameplay and give you bad game experience, for example, you may not be able to listen to the footsteps due to this issue. Not to worry. You can use one of the following methods to fix the problem.
Method 1: Run Valorant as Administrator
The first method you can try is to run Valorant as Administrator. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Valorant shortcut and select Properties. If you don’t have a shortcut of Valorant, you can create one by right-clicking on the Valorant executable file (.exe) and selecting Create shortcut.
2) Click on the Compatibility tab and tick the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
3) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
4) Restart your computer. Launch Valorant and check to see if the audio cutting out issue still occurs.
If Method 1 doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 2.
Method 2: Update the audio driver
Audio cutting out issues can be caused by outdated audio drivers. So ensure you have the latest audio driver installed.
You can manually update the audio driver. Just go to the computer manufacturer’s website or the motherboard manufacturer’s website to download the latest audio driver, then install it on your computer.
Or you can update the driver automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect any problem drivers. You don’t need to verify your computer model and the Windows version. All you need is a few clicks. More importantly, you can always get the latest and correct drivers.
Click this link to download Driver Easy and use it to update the audio driver.
If Method 2 doesn’t work, continue to try Method 3.
Method 3: Change audio format
Changing the current audio format to another one may help resolve the Valorant audio cutting out issue. Here’s how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type ‘mmsys.cpl’ into the run box and click OK to open the Sound window.
3) At the Sound window, Right-click on the default audio device (the ones with the green check mark), then click Properties.
4) Select the Advanced tab and select a format from the Default Format list. First, you can try the audio format ‘24bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)’.
5) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
6) Relaunch Valorant and check to see if the audio cutting out issue is resolved. If not, try other formats by repeating the step 3) to step 5) until you find the one that helps.
If Method 3 doesn’t work, continue to try Method 4.
Method 4: Disable exclusive mode
Windows has a feature that allows audio communication software like Skype to take exclusive control of your sound device while they are running. This feature may not work as expected and may cause sound errors like audio cutting out issues. So, to fix the Valorant audio cutting out issues, you can try disabling this feature.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Open the Sound window again.
2) At the sound window, right-click on the default playback device (the ones with the green check mark), then click Properties.
3) Select the Advanced tab. In the Exclusive Mode section, uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
4) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
5) Check to see if the Valorant audio cutting out issue is resolved.
Method 5: Reinstall Valorant
The last method you can try is to reinstall Valorant. If you’re unsure how to do it, you can follow these steps:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and I key) at the same time to open the Windows Settings window.
2) At the Windows Settings window, select Apps.
3) On the left side, click on Apps & features on the left side. And then on the right side, scroll until you see Valorant. Click on it, and then click on Uninstall. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstall.
4) Repeat the steps above to uninstall Riot Vanguard which was installed along with Valorant.
5) Once uninstall is done, restart your computer.
6) Download and install Valorant again. Then check to see if you’re still facing the audio cutting out issue.
Hopefully you can fix the Valorant audio cutting out issue with the above steps. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.