When you search online for the ways to add Microsoft accounts on Windows 10, most tutorials tell you that you can add the Microsoft accounts by clicking ‘Add someone else to this PC’. Then you find it impossible to add Microsoft accounts in that way. That’s because the way adding Microsoft accounts on Windows 10 is changed on new Windows 10 versions. If you can’t add Microsoft accounts on Windows 10, you can follow the steps in this post.
In Windows 10, two ways are available for you to add Microsoft accounts. You can follow the steps in Way 1 first. If that doesn’t work for you, try Way 2 which should work in any situation.
Way 1: Add a Microsoft account via Settings
You can add a Microsoft account via Settings. To do so:
1. On your keyboard, press Win+S (the Windows logo key and the S key) at the same time to open Search.
2. Type ‘setting‘ into the search box and click on Settings.
3. Select Accounts.
4. On the left side of the window, click Email & accounts. Then click Add an account on the right side.
5. Select Outlook.com then you can create and add a Microsoft account with any email you may have. Or select other options based on the email you have. For example, if you’d like to set up a Microsoft account with your gmail account, you can select Google.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to add a Microsoft account.
7. Once the account is added successfully, it will show up under ‘Add an account’.
Way 2: Add a Microsoft account with Netplwiz
You can add a Microsoft account with Netplwiz interface. To do so:
1. On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2. Type ‘netplwiz’ into the Run box and click OK to open the User Accounts window.
3. Click Add.
4. Type your email address into the box, then click Next to finish adding the Microsoft account.
5. Once the account is added successfully, it will show up on the account list. Click OK to close the User Accounts window.
I hope you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.