If your Lenovo camera stops working, you may want to update the camera driver to fix the issue. In this post, I’ll show you how to download and install the latest Lenovo camera driver on Windows 10, 7 & 8. It’s easy and quick!
You can use one of the two methods below to update the camera driver:
Method 1: Update the camera driver manually
Lenovo keeps updating drivers for their devices to fix bugs or add new features. So you can download the latest driver manually from Lenovo’s official website, then install the driver for your integrated camera.
To download the correct driver for your camera, you need to verify what your Lenovo laptop model is or what your Lenovo monitor model is, and what Windows version you have.
With the required information, you can refer to the steps below to download the camera driver from Lenovo.
Note: Lenovo changes their site design frequently. In that case, the steps to download a driver can change. If you find the steps different from the steps mentioned below, you’re appreciated to leave a comment below to let me know.
1) Go to Lenovo’s official website.
2) Click the Support menu on the top.
3) Click SUPPORT -> PC on the top.
4) Type your laptop/monitor model into the search box then click the search icon on the right.
5) Click Drivers & Software on the right.
6) Select the Manual Update tab then click on Camera and Card Reader.
7) Select the latest camera driver according to the Released Date then click the Download button. After that, the driver will start downloading.
Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. After installing the driver, if you’re prompted to reboot your computer to make the changes to take effect, just reboot your computer.
Method 2: Update the camera driver with Driver Easy (recommended)
If you don’t have time and computer skills to update drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, you don’t need to know what your device model is and what Windows version you have. You can update the driver with just a few clicks (if you go Pro, you can even update the driver with only one click). This can save you a lot of time. More importantly, this guarantees you correct and latest drivers.
Here’s how to use Driver Easy to update your camera driver.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer.
3) Click the Update button next to the webcam driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can manually install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
Hopefully you can download and install the camera driver easily with the steps above. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.