When you try to play Valorant, you find it won’t load and stuck on the loading screen (like download stuck at 0). That’s frustrating. But not to worry. You can try the following solutions which possibly can fix the issue.
You can try the 4 solutions below to fix the Valorant stuck on loading screen issue. You do not have to try them all; just try them one by one until you find the one that works for you.
Solution 1: Restart Valorant and your computer
Before you move on to the advanced steps, the first simple thing you can do is to restart Valorant. Restarting Valorant is easy and may help fix the issue.
After that, check to see if the stuck issue still occurs. If the issue still occurs, restart your computer and then launch Valorant again.
If Solution 1 doesn’t work, continue to try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Run Valorant as Administrator
To fix the “Valorant stuck on loading screen” issue, you can try changing the launch settings and make it run as administrator whenever you open the game. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Valorant shortcut and select Properties.
Tip: If you don’t have a shortcut of Valorant, you can create one by right-clicking on the Valorant executable file (.exe file) and selecting Create shortcut.
2) Click on the Compatibility tab and tick the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
3) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
4) Restart your computer, and then you can run Valorant as administrator. Then check to see if the issue is fixed.
If running Valorant as administrator doesn’t help, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Update the drivers
Outdated drivers can cause Valorant to be stuck on the loading screen. To fix the problem, you can try updating the drivers on your computer.
You can go to the PC manufacturer’s website to download the drivers corresponding to what Windows version you have. Usually, drivers can be downloaded from the Drivers, Support or Download section.
Alternatively, you can search “PC model + driver” using your preferred search engine, then you can find the driver download page of your PC directly from the search results.
Tip: To update drivers more easily, you can use Driver Easy. Driver Easy can scan your system to detect any missing or outdated drivers and allow you to update drivers with a few clicks.
Solution 4: Reinstall Vanguard and Valorant
Some users have reported that reinstalling Vanguard and Valorant can resolve the infinite loading screen problem. Here’s how to do it:
First, uninstall Vanguard and Valorant.
Vanguard is an anti-cheat program that’s used to monitor and stop attempts at hacks or exploits in Valorant. When you install Valorant, Vanguard will be installed automatically.
However, uninstalling Valorant won’t uninstall Vanguard. It means you need to uninstall Vanguard separately.
Here’s how to uninstall Vanguard and Valorant:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and I key) at the same time to open the Settings window.
2) Click on Apps.
3) Click on Apps & features in the left pane. And then in the right pane, scroll down until you see Riot Vanguard. Click on it, and then click on Uninstall. After that, you’ll be prompted to click Uninstall again to confirm the uninstallation.
4) Once Vanguard is uninstalled, uninstall Valorant with the same steps.
After the uninstallation completes, restart your computer and install Valorant again. Then check to see if you’re still facing the problem.
Tip: If the problem persists, you can try to reinstall Valorant to a different disk.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.