Error “This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing software” usually occurs to Intel graphics card driver installation. If you’re experiencing this error, not worries. Read on to find the solutions.
What causes this error?
The error is probably caused by an external graphics card. What does that mean? It means you have both an integrated Intel graphics card and external graphics card installed at the same time. When you try to install the Intel graphics card driver, the external graphics card but not the Intel graphics card is detected. In this case, the system will throw you the error message as it thinks you’re installing a wrong driver.
There’s another possible scenario when you get this error. If you try to install an unmatched driver on Windows, this error can also occur. For example, if you try to install the 32-bit graphics card driver on 64-bit Windows.
How to Fix This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing software Error
I’ve included two methods below to fix the error. Try both of them until the problem is resolved.
Method 1: Update the Intel graphics card driver via Device Manager
Since you can’t update the Intel graphics card driver using the driver setup file, you can install it manually via Device Manager. Here’s how to do it:
1) Extract the driver setup file (the .exe file).
2) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
3) Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ into the Run box and click OK to open the Device Manager window.
4) Expand the ‘Display adapters’ category and right-click on the Intel graphics card device, then select Update driver.
5) Click Browse my computers for drivers.
6) Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computers.
7) Click Have Disk…
8) Click Browse and navigate to the folder where you stored the extracted driver setup file. Then navigate to the ‘Graphics’ directory to select the .inf file. Usually, you don’t need to select the .inf file manually, as the .inf file will be selected automatically.
Tip: If you don’t see the ‘Graphics’ directory, it’s possible that you don’t have this directory. Just open other directories until you find the ‘.inf’ file.
9) Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Method 2: Automatically update the driver
While updating drivers manually, if you don’t have much knowledge about drivers, it’s possible that you install a wrong driver which can cause errors like this error.
Instead of manually updating drivers, you can update the driver automatically. How to do it? Just use a third-party driver update utility. Many driver update utilities like Driver Booster allow you to update drivers with just a few clicks. You don’t need to verify the driver version and determine what Windows version you’re using. In a word, you can update all drivers successfully even with no driver knowledge.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.