If you’re looking for the solution to the Acer monitor no sound issue, you’ve come to the right place. Read on then you’ll find how to fix Acer monitor no sound issues.
There are five methods available below. You can try them one by one until you find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Check if your monitor have built-in speakers
If you bought a new Acer monitor and encountered the no sound issue, the first thing you can do is to check your monitor’s specs. Check and see if the monitor has built-in speakers. There are chances that your monitor doesn’t even have built-in speakers. In that case, the monitor can’t play sound directly.
On Acer’s website, search your monitor’s model name, then you’ll be directed to the product’s page. On the product’s page, you can easily get the monitor’s specs, and you can tell if your monitor has built-in speakers from the specs.
If your monitor doesn’t have built-in speakers, to hear the sound, you need to use an external speaker and plug it into the headphone jack.
Method 2: Ensure the monitor’s speaker volume is not muted
If the monitor’s speaker volume is muted, you can’t hear the sound at all. So check and ensure the monitor’s speaker volume is not muted.
1) Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Open Volume mixer.
2) In the Device section, select the monitor and check if it’s muted. If it’s muted, unmute it then the monitor no sound issue will be resolved immediately.
Method 3: Set the monitor as default device
To hear sound from the monitor, you need to set the monitor as the default device in Playback. To do so:
1) Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Sounds.
2) Select the Playback tab, then you’ll see if the monitor is set as the default device. If the monitor is not set as the default device, select the monitor option then click on the Set Default button. After that, click OK -> Apply to save the changes.
If you don’t see any monitor option in the Playback tab, it can be disabled and hidden. To make it show up, right-click on any blank place, then select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Once it appears, you can set it as the default device with the above mentioned steps.
Method 4: Update drivers
Faulty or outdated drivers (the sound driver and the graphics card driver) can cause your Acer monitor no sound. To fix the problem, you can try updating the sound driver and the graphics card driver.
If you don’t have the time and computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, to download the correct drivers, you don’t need to verify your computer model and your Windows version. You can update drivers with a few clicks even if you don’t have too much computer skills.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the sound driver or the graphics card driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
4) After updating the drivers, restart your computer to check to see if your Acer monitor has sound.
Method 5: Check the hardware
If none of the above methods works, it’s possible a hardware issue. The connection cable, the ports or the monitor can be damaged. Perform a hardware troubleshooting then you’ll find if it’s a hardware issue.
- Check if the cable is damaged. If possible, connect the monitor to the computer with another cable and see if the problem persists. If the problem is gone, a damaged cable is probably the cause.
- Check if the output port works properly. If your computer has multiple output ports (for example, multiple HDMI ports), try another port and see if the problem persists.
- Check if the monitor works properly. If possible, connect the monitor to another computer and see if the problem persists.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.