When you try to use Geforce Experience to update your NVIDIA graphics card drivers, you get an error message saying “Unable to download recommended driver”. Not to worry. You can try the following methods to fix the error.
Method 1: Update Geforce Experience
If you’re using an outdated version of Geforce Experience, the “Unable to download recommended driver” error can occur. To fix the problem, you can try updating Geforce Experience to the latest version.
Go to this link and click the DOWNLOAD NOW button under AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATES to download the latest version of Geforce Experience. Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the application on your computer. Then check to see if the error is resolved.
Method 2: Look for alternatives to update the drivers
The error can persist temporarily. You can wait a few minutes and try again to see if it’s gone. Or you can look for alternatives to update your NVIDIA drivers. Following are two alternatives you can use:
Download and install the drivers from NVIDIA
You can download and install the drivers from NVIDIA manually. Following steps are for your reference:
1) Go to the driver download page of NVIDIA.
2) Select from the dropdown list according to what graphics card you have, then click the SEARCH button to search for the driver. Following screenshot is the example of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650.
3) Click the DOWNLOAD button, then the driver will be downloaded to your computer.
4) Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded driver file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Update the drivers using Driver Easy (recommended)
If you don’t have the time or computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a driver software with more than 3 million users around the world. It can scan your computer to detect any problem drivers on your computer. With Driver Easy, to download correct drivers, you don’t need to verify your device model and the Windows version you have. You can update all drivers with just a few clicks.
Here’s how to use Driver Easy to download and update the NVIDIA graphics drivers.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the NVIDIA graphics driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.