When you’re importing photos with the Photos app, you get the error message saying “Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported”. Don’t worry. To fix the error, you can try the methods introduced in this post.
There are two effective methods for you to try. You can try Method 1 first. If it doesn’t work for you, continue to try Method 2.
Method 1: Import your iPhone photos from File Explorer
Since you can’t import your iPhone photos with the Photos app, you can import the photos from File Explorer. To do so:
1) Open File Explorer.
2) Expand This PC.
3) Right-click on your iPhone device (the name could be something like Apple iPhone), then select Import pictures and videos.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to import the pictures.
Method 2: Configure the settings in iPhone settings
The problem can be caused by the incorrect settings in your iPhone device. To fix the problem, you can follow the steps below to configure the settings.
1) Unplug your iPhone from your computer.
2) Unlock your iPhone and tap Settings on the screen.
3) Scroll down to find and tap on Photos.
4) Under TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC, tap on Keep Originals.
5) Plug your iPhone to the computer again.
6) Import the photos again and see if you can import the photos successfully.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.