The error “can’t open AsIO.sys” can occur at startup, installing or opening an ASUS utility. If you’re experiencing this error, don’t worry. The tips below may help you fix the error.
AsIO.sys is a driver file that belongs to ASUS. Usually it’s preinstalled on your ASUS computer and installed along with the ASUS motherboard. The error “can’t open AsIO.sys” is one of the common errors that ASUS users have reported. It usually occurs to AURA & AI Suite.
You may encounter this error whenever you start your computer, or when you install AURA or AI Suite. Select one of the links below for the fix depending on your situation.
Fix: If you run into this error when you open AURA or AI Suite
The message “can’t open AsIO.sys” can pop up at opening AURA or AI Suite. To fix the error, you just need to run the utility as administrator.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key.
2) Type the utility you have the problem with (AURA or AI Suite), and then click on Run as administrator. Then you should be able to open the program.
Fix: If you run into this error when you install AURA or AI Suite
Many users have reported that this error occurs when they install AURA or AI Suite (I, II or III). If you also can’t install AURA or AI Suite due to this error, you can follow these steps to fix it.
1) Right-click on the downloaded file of the utility (the zip file) and select Properties.
2) At the bottom, tick the “Unblock” checkbox, and then click OK to save the changes.
3) Extract the zip file.
4) Open the extracted folder and then locate the file called “AsusSetup.exe”.
5) Right-click on “AsusSetup.exe” and select Run as administrator. Then you should install the utility successfully.
Fix: If you run into this error When you start your computer
If this error message pops up at startup, the ASUS utilities (usually, AURA or AI Suite) could be the culprit.
If you have multiple ASUS utilities installed, to figure out which utility is causing the problem, you can uninstall them one by one then you can determine which one is causing the problem. If you only have one ASUS utility installed, just uninstall it and reinstall it as administrator.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button and select Apps and Features.
2) Scroll down and select one of the ASUS utilities.
3) Click Uninstall, then the confirmation dialog will pop up, then click Uninstall again.
4) Once the uninstallation is done, restart your computer and check to see if the error still occurs.
If the error still occurs, it means that utility is not the cause. If you have multiple ASUS utilities installed, repeat the steps above until you figure out the one that’s causing the problem.
Once you figure out and uninstall the utility that’s causing the problem, you can reinstall it by following these steps:
a) Right-click on the downloaded file of the utility (.zip file) and select Properties.
b) At the bottom, tick the “Unblock” check box, and then click OK to save the changes.
c) Extract the zip file.
d) Open the extracted folder and locate the file called “AsusSetup.exe”.
e) Right-click on “AsusSetup.exe” and select Run as administrator.
Hopefully you can fix the “Can’t open AsIO.sys” with the above tips. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.