Screen is flickering when you’re playing Roblox? That can be frustrating. But not to worry. You can fix the problem with one of the methods below.
Try these methods one by one until you find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Use a higher screen refresh rate
Screen refresh rate means how many times the display updates with new images per second, and it’s written out in Hertz (HZ). For example, 60HZ means the display updates with new images 60 times per second.
A low refresh rate can cause screen flickering in your Roblox. That being said, to fix screen flickering issues in Roblox, you can try using a higher screen refresh rate.
Here’s how to select a higher screen refresh rate:
1) Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings.
2) Click on the Advanced display settings link.
3) Under Related settings, click on the Display adapter properties link.
4) Click the Monitor tab. In the Monitor Settings section, select a refresh rate that’s higher than the current refresh rate you’re using. For example, if you’re using the 60HZ refresh rate, select a refresh rate higher than 60HZ.
The maximum refresh rate you can use depends on your monitor. If you can’t select a higher refresh rate than the Windows default refresh rate 60HZ, this method doesn’t work for you. Just try other methods.
5) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
6) Restart your computer and check to see if the screen is still flickering when you’re playing games.
Method 2: Update the graphics card driver
Outdated and faulty graphics card drivers can cause screen flickering in Roblox. To fix the problem, you can try updating your graphics card driver.
You can manually update the graphics card driver if you want. Just head to the PC manufacturer’s website to download the latest drivers corresponding to the PC model and the Windows version you have.
If you don’t have the time and computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect all problem drivers in your computer. With Driver Easy, to download the correct drivers, you don’t need to verify your computer model and your Windows version. All you need is a few clicks.
Here’s how to use Driver Easy to update your graphics card driver.
1) Download Driver Easy and install it on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics card driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
4) After updating the driver, check to see if the Roblox screen flickering issue persists.
Method 3: Disable fullscreen optimizations
If you play Roblox in fullscreen mode, you can run into the screen flickering issue. In that case, you can disable fullscreen optimizations in the system to fix the problem.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Right-click on the shortcut of Roblox and select Properties. If you don’t have a shortcut, you can create one by right-clicking on the Roblox executable file (RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe) and selecting Create shortcut.
2) Click on the Compatibility tab and tick the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations.
3) Click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
4) Relaunch Roblox and check to see if the screen flickering error is resolved.
Method 4: Check DPI settings
The last resort to the problem you can try is to check and change the DPI settings. To do so:
1) Right-click on shortcut of Roblox and select Properties.
2) Click on the Compatibility tab and click on Change high DPI settings.
3) Check if the box next to Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: is ticked. If not, tick it and select Application from the drop-down menu.
4) Click OK -> OK to apply the changes.
5) Relaunch Roblox and check to see if you’re still facing the screen flickering issue.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.