For some reason, you may want to remove your HP printer and uninstall the printer driver from your computer. In this post, I’ll show you how to uninstall HP printer drivers step by step (for Windows 10, 7 & 8).
There are two ways below for you to uninstall the HP printer driver:
Way 1: Uninstall the HP printer driver through Device Manager
You can uninstall the HP printer driver through Device Manager. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
2) Once the Device Manager opens, expand the Print queues category or the Printers category. Right-click on your HP printer and select Uninstall device.
3) After you’re done, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Some users have reported that the Device Manager way was ineffective for them. If you’re in the same situation, you can do it with Way 2.
Way 2: Uninstall the HP printer driver with Driver Easy
Driver Easy is a driver update utility which can detect any drivers installed on your computer, and show you the drivers in a list, then allow you to uninstall the drivers with a few clicks.
If Way 1 doesn’t work for you, you may want to Uninstall the HP printer driver with Driver Easy. Here’s how to do it:
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch Driver Easy and click Tools.
3) Click Driver Uninstall then find the HP printer driver under Printers.
4) Click Uninstall to uninstall the driver.
5) Upgrade Driver Easy to RPO to complete the process. Driver Easy is partly free. To access the Uninstall feature, you need to upgrade to the Pro version. With Driver Easy PRO, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
6) Once uninstall is done, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Bonus: If you want to install a new printer driver, Driver Easy could be your go-to option. With Driver Easy, to update drivers, you don’t need to know your printer model and Windows version. Just a few clicks are required. More importantly, you can always get the correct and latest drivers.