NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device supports the output of HDMI audios like the output of the NVIDIA SHIELD TV. To fix the HDMI no sound issues, you may want to try updating the NVIDIA Virtual Device driver. In this post, I’ll show you how to easily update the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device driver.
You can select one of the two easy ways below to update the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device driver.
Way 1: Update the driver through Device Manager
You can update the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device driver through Device Manager. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Start button at the bottom left of the desktop and select Device Manager.
2) Expand the category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Right-click on NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) and select Update driver.
3) Select Search automatically for drivers. Then Windows will search for a new driver and install the driver automatically.
Once updated, you’ll get a message saying “Windows has successfully updated your drivers”.
There are chances that Windows may fail to provide a new driver. In that case, you can use Way 2 to update the driver.
Way 2: Update the driver with Driver Easy (recommended)
To ensure updating the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device driver successfully, you can use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect any problem drivers in a few seconds. So if a new NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device driver is available, Driver Easy can detect it and allows you to update the driver with a few clicks. To update the driver, you don’t need to verify your computer model and your Windows version.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.