Do you want to update your MSI Realtek High Definition Audio driver? You’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll discover two easy methods to download and install the latest Realtek audio driver for your MSI motherboard.
Way 1: Update the MSI Realtek audio driver via Device Manager
You can update the Realtek audio driver manually via Device Manager. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button and select Device Manager. Then the Device Manager window will pop up.
2) In Device Manager, expand the category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Right-click on the Realtek Audio entry and select Update driver .
3) Select Search automatically for drivers, then Windows will search your computer for a newer driver and install it on your computer.
After the search is done, if you get a message saying “The best driver software for your device is already installed”, it means your Realtek audio driver is up-to-date, or Windows fails to provide you with the latest Realtek audio driver. In this case, you can head to Way 2 and see if you can successfully update the driver with a third-party driver utility.
Way 2: Update MSI the Realtek audio driver manually
You can download the Realtek audio driver from MSI’s website. Following steps are for your reference:
2) Go to the SUPPORT section.
3) Search your motherboard model.
4) Go to the Download page. Then you can download the Realtek audio driver under the On-Board Audio Drivers tab.
Tip: To ensure updating the Realtek audio driver successfully, you can use Driver Easy. Driver Easy can scan your system to detect any missing or outdated drivers and allow you to update drivers with a few clicks.
Hopefully you can update the MSI Realtek audio driver easily with the ways above. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.