In Device Manager, you see Device status saying: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45). What to do to fix this code error.
The methods to fix the error depend on what scene you’re at. Just click one of the links that applies to you and find the solution to your problem.
Scene 1: Your computer is working fine
If your computer is working fine, and the device with the code 45 also works properly, then you don’t have to worry about this, as this is normal.
In Device Manager, you see the device with the code 45 is greyed-out, right? It means the device is currently not connected but it was connected before. Usually, these devices are hidden by default. They only show up when they are connected to your computer.
But if you tick ‘Show hidden devices’, then these devices will be listed.
For the device with the code 45, if you’re not using it currently, you can uncheck ‘Show hidden devices’ again to hide it.
Scene 2: The device stops working
If your device stops working due to the error code 45, you can use one of the methods below to fix the problem.
Try these methods
Method 1: Reconnect your device
To fix the problem, the simple fix you can try is to reconnect the hardware device to the computer again.
Tips: Ensure the cable and the ports are working properly. To perform a troubleshooting, you can plug the device to another port or connect the device to another computer, then see if the problem persists.
If this method doesn’t work for you, try Method 2 and Method 3.
Method 2: Reinstall the device driver
The hardware device not connected code 45 error can be due to driver’s fault or corruption. You can reinstall the device driver to fix the error.
Here’s how to reinstall the device driver.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ into the run box and click OK to open Device Manager.
3) Right-click on the device and select Uninstall device.
If you’re prompted to confirm the uninstall, on the pop-up window, check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device, then click Uninstall.
4) Once the driver is uninstalled, restart your computer then Windows will reinstall the driver automatically.
5) Check to see if the code 45 error is gone.
Method 3: Update the device drivers
The last method you can try is to update the device drivers.
To update the device drivers manually, you can google your computer’s name and go to their official website. Usually, the SUPPORT page allows you to navigate and download the latest drivers you need.
Updating drivers manually takes time. If it’s not easy for you to update drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Booster.
With Driver Booster, you can update drivers with just a few clicks.
1) Download and install it on your computer.
2) Launch it and click SCAN to scan your computer to detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the driver you wish to update. Then the driver will download and install automatically.
4) After updating the driver, check to see if the error code 45 is gone.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.