If your LG monitor has no sound and you’re looking for the solutions to the issue, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix LG monitor no sound issues step by step.
There are five possible solutions to fix LG monitor sound not working issues:
Method 1: Make sure your LG monitor has built-in speakers
Not all LG monitors have built-in speakers. For monitors without built-in speakers, they won’t play any audio. To check that, you can go to LG’s official website and look for your monitor’s specifications. Or you can refer to the product user manual.
If your monitor does have built-in speakers, continue to try other methods.
Method 2: Make sure the volume is not muted
When no sound issue on the monitor occurs, it’s possible the volume of the monitor is muted. So make sure the monitor volume is not muted. You can follow these steps to check that:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “sndvol.exe” into the Run box and press Enter. Then the Volume Mixer window will pop up.
3) At Volume Mixer, check if the volume of the monitor is muted.
If it’s muted, you’ll see a red circle with a red line on it. Click on it then the sound will be unmuted.
If Method 2 doesn’t work for you, try Method 3.
Method 3: Set monitor as default audio device
In Playback, check if the monitor device is set as the default audio device. If not, you’ll need to set it to the default audio device manually. To do so:
1) Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Sounds.
2) Select the Playback tab, then you’ll see if the monitor is set as the default audio device. If the monitor is not set as the default device, click on the monitor device to highlight it. Then click on the Set Default button. After that, click OK -> Apply to save the changes.
If you don’t see any monitor option in the Playback tab, it can be disabled and hidden. To make it show up, right-click on any blank place, then select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Once it appears, you can set it as the default device with the above mentioned steps.
Method 4: Update drivers
Faulty or outdated sound drivers and graphics card drivers can cause your LG monitor no sound. To fix the problem, you can try updating the sound drivers and the graphics card drivers.
You can go to the PC manufacturer’s website to download the drivers. Usually, drivers can be downloaded from the Drivers, Support, or Download section.
Alternatively, you can search “PC model + driver” using your preferred search engine, then you can find the driver download page of your PC directly from the search results.
Tip: If it’s not easy for you to update the drivers manually, you can use Driver Easy to help update the drivers. With Driver Easy, you can update drivers with just a few clicks.
After updating the drivers, restart your computer to check to see if your LG monitor sound not working issue is fixed.
Method 5: Check the hardware
If none of the above methods works, it’s possible a hardware issue. The connection cable, the ports or the monitor can be damaged. Perform a hardware troubleshooting then you’ll find if it’s a hardware issue.
- Check if the cable is properly connected. Unplug the cable from both the monitor end and the computer end, and plug it again. Then make sure the cable is inserted firmly to the port.
- Check if the cable is damaged. If possible, connect the monitor to the computer with another cable and see if the problem persists. If the problem is gone, a damaged cable is probably the cause.
- Check if the output port works properly. If your computer has multiple output ports (for example, multiple HDMI ports), try another port and see if the problem persists.
- Check if the monitor works properly. If possible, connect the monitor to another computer and see if the problem persists.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.