Your HP EliteBook has sound issues and you may want to update the sound driver. Then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, I’ll show you how to download and update the EliteBook sound driver for Windows.
You can use one of the two ways below to update the sound driver for your HP EliteBook.
Way 1: Download and update the sound driver via Device Manager
You can update the sound driver via Device Manager. Follow these steps:
1) Open Device Manager.
2) Expand the category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Right-click on the sound device and select Update driver.
3) Select Search automatically for drivers. Then Windows will download and install a new sound driver automatically.
In some cases, Windows may fail to provide the latest sound driver. If that’s your case, you can use Driver Easy to help update the driver. See Way 2.
Way 2: Download and update the sound driver with Driver Easy
You can use Driver Easy to help update your HP EliteBook sound card driver easily.
Driver Easy is a third-party driver update utility with more than 300 million users around the world. You can use it to detect any missing or outdated drivers in a few seconds and update the drivers with a few clicks.
Here’ s how to use Driver Easy to update your sound card driver:
1) Download Driver Easy Free and install it on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click the Scan Now button to detect any problem drivers on your computer. The process just takes a few seconds. Once done, Driver Easy will show you a list of drivers that needs to be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the sound driver, then the driver will be downloaded to your computer automatically. After download is done, install the driver easily by following the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you want to update other drivers, you can consider upgrading to Driver Easy Pro. With Driver Easy Pro, you can update all drivers at a time by just clicking the Update All button.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.