To fix the ASUS camera not working issue on Windows 10, you may want to update the driver for the camera. In this post, I’ll show you how to easily download and install the latest ASUS camera driver on Windows 10.
There are two methods for you to update the camera driver:
Method 1: Update the camera driver manually
If you want, you can choose to update the camera driver manually. Just go to ASUS’s official website to download the latest camera driver, then install it for your integrated camera.
Before you head on, you need to verify what your ASUS laptop model is (if you want to update the camera driver for your ASUS monitor, verify what your ASUS monitor model is ), and what Windows 10 version you have, so you can download the correct driver.
Then you can refer to the below steps to download and install the ASUS camera driver.
Note: If the design of ASUS website changes, the steps may change. If you can’t follow the steps completely due to that, you’re appreciated to leave a comment below to let me know. I’ll update the steps to satisfy your needs.
1) Go to ASUS’s official website.
2) Click the Support menu then select Drivers & Manuals.
3) Enter your laptop/monitor model name in the “Please enter a model name” box, then select the model name from the dropping list.
4) Click on Driver & Tools on the right.
5) Select the OS ( Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 10 32-bit). Then you’ll see a list of drivers for you to download.
6) Locate the latest Camera driver, then click the DOWNLOAD button. After that, the driver will start to download.
7) Double-click on the downloaded executable file (.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you’re prompted to reboot your computer to make the changes to take effect, just reboot your computer.
Manually updating the driver takes time and requires a bit of computer knowledge. If you don’t have the time and computer skills to do it manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy (see Method 2).
Method 2: Update the camera driver with Driver Easy
With Driver Easy, you don’t need to know what your device model is and what Windows 10 version you have. You can update the driver with just a few clicks (if you go Pro, you can even update the driver with only one click). This can save you a lot of time. More importantly, this guarantees you correct and latest drivers.
Here’s how to use Driver Easy to update the camera driver on Windows 10.
1) Download the Free Trial version of Driver Easy and install it on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer.
3) Click the Update button next to the webcam driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can manually install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
With the above step-by-step guide, you can easily update the camera driver on Windows 10. Hopefully you find this post helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.