Realtek Audio Console is an application that allows you to adjust audio device settings. If it’s missing on your computer, you might encounter sound not working issues, for example, front headphone jack not working issue. Since you’re reading this post, it’s likely that you’re bothering with the Realtek Audio Console missing issue. Don’t worry. Follow the steps in this guide and you can download and install Realtek Audio Console successfully.
You can use one of the two ways below to download the Realtek Audio Console:
Way 1: Download Realtek Audio Console from Microsoft Store
Realtek Audio Console belongs to UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application and is available on Microsoft Store. So you can download it from Microsoft Store. However, you can’t search this app directly on Microsoft Store. To download the app, you can go to the download link via Dell’s website.
2) Click the Download button to download an executable file named “Realtek-Audio-Console-Application_R0FF8_WIN64_18.104.22.168_A02_01.EXE”.
3) Double-click on the downloaded file.
4) Click the INSTALL button then you’ll be directed to the Microsoft’s download page of Realtek Audio Control.
5) Click Get in Store app, then you’re prompted to open the Microsoft Store app.
5) Once the Microsoft Store app opens, click Install to download and install the Realtek Audio Console application.
Realtek Audio Console cannot install?
Realtek Audio Console requires Realtek HD Audio (UAD) driver. If you want to install the Realtek Audio Console successfully, you need to have Realtek HD Audio (UAD) driver installed on your computer. If not, you might encounter issues like the common 803FB005 error.
Info: There are two kinds of Realtek audio drivers. The most common is the Realtek HD audio driver. In Device Manager, you probably see it display as "Realtek High Definition Audio". The less common is the Realtek HD Audio (UAD) driver. In Device Manager, you probably see it display as "Realtek(R) Audio".
If you don’t have the UAD driver installed, you can download and install it manually. The best place to download the Realtek HD Audio (UAD) driver is from your computer manufacturer (Dell, Lenovo, Asus, HP, etc.) or motherboard manufacturer (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock, etc.). Go to their official website and navigate to the Support page or Download page. Then download the latest Realtek audio driver there.
After installing the Realtek UAD driver, try to install Realtek Audio Console from Microsoft Store again.
If Way 1 doesn’t work for you, you can try Way 2 to download Realtek Audio Console.
Way 2: Download Realtek Audio Console from motherboard maker’s website
Your motherboard makers may offer Realtek audio driver package that contains the Realtek Audio Console application installer file. Go to your motherboard maker’s website and download the audio driver, and then check if Realtek Audio Console is available to install.
You can refer to the following steps:
1) Open your favorite browser, and then search with the keyword combination “motherboard model + driver“. In my case, it was “asus b360m plus gaming s driver”. How to Check What Motherboard You Have?
2) Click the link that will direct you to the Support or the Driver Download page of your motherboard. In general, the first link is right link.
3) Go to the driver download section, then download the latest Realtek audio driver corresponding with your Windows version.
4) Once the driver is downloaded, follow the below steps:
a. Unzip the downloaded file.
b. Open the unzipped folder to find the Realtek Audio Console installer file. The file ends with .appxbundle.
What is an appxbundle file? An appxbundle file is a package file created with Microsoft Visual Studio and is used for distributing Windows Desktop and UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps on Microsoft Store.
In the screenshot below, the file is 67446508444443f58a732eb89a2b31d4.appxbundle which is located in the folder UWP -> RtkUWP_22.214.171.124.
c. Double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Realtek Audio Console.
What If Your Motherboard Manufacturer Doesn’t Allow You to Download Realtek Audio Console?
Please note that not all motherboard manufacturers allow you to download the Realtek Audio Console on their official website. If you can’t get the Realtek Audio Console installer from your motherboard manufacturer’s website, you can go get the installer from ASUS’s website.
You can follow the steps above, searching with the keywords “asus b360m plus gaming s driver“, downloading the Realtek audio driver package from ASUS’s website and installing the Realtek Audio Console.
No compatibility issues will happen even if you download the installer file from other motherboard manufacturers. In this way, you’ll download and install Realtek Search Console successfully.
Hopefully you find this post helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.