Everytime when you try to install the Realtek audio driver, you run into this error: Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure!! Error code : -0001] No driver supported in this driver package. That can be frustrating. But not to worry. You can easily fix the issue with one of the methods below.
Method 1: Download and install the driver from the PC manufacturer
Many users have reported they encountered this error when they installed the driver directly from Realtek. If you’re in the same situation, you can try downloading and installing the Realtek audio driver from your laptop or desktop manufacturer. If you’re using a built-in computer, you can download the driver from the motherboard’s manufacturer (How to Check What Motherboard You Have?).
Method 2: Add legacy hardware
The error can occur if the Realtek audio device is missing in Device Manager. If that’s the case, adding legacy hardware can fix the problem.
Firstly, go to Device Manager and check to see if the Realtek audio device is missing. To access Device Manager, right-click on the Start menu button then select Device Manager.
If the Realtek audio device is missing, follow these steps to add legacy hardware. If it’s not missing, skip this method.
1) Open Device Manager again.
2) Click Action in the top and select Add legacy hardware.
3) Click Next.
4) Select the radio button next to Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), and click Next.
5) Select Sound, video and game controllers from the list, and click Next.
6) Select Realtek from the “Manufacturer” list on the left and then select the latest version from the “Model” list on the right. Click Next to continue.
7) Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the install.
Once done, you should be able to see the Realtek device shows up in Device Manager. Then install the Realtek audio driver again.
Method 3: Reinstall the Realtek audio driver
To fix the error, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek audio driver. To do so:
1) Right-click on the Start menu button and select Device Manager.
2) In Device Manager, expand the category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Right-click on Realtek Audio and select Uninstall device.
3) Tick the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” then click Uninstall.
4) After uninstalling the driver, reboot your computer.
5) Install the driver again and check to see if you’re still facing the problem.
Method 4: Install the driver using Driver Easy
If none of the above methods works, the last resort you can try is to install the driver using Driver Easy, which offers you the correct Realtek audio driver and allows you to install the driver successfully.
You can use Driver Easy to install the Realtek audio driver with a few clicks.
1) Download the Free version of Driver Easy, and install it on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click Scan Now to detect any outdated or missing drivers on your computer.
3) Click the Update button next to the Realtek audio driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can manually install the driver by following the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy (If you go Pro, you can update all drivers with just one click).
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.