You can’t use your bluetooth device properly in Windows 10. And in Device Manager, you find your bluetooth driver displays this error message: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)“. What to do to fix this driver error? Not to worry. You can fix it easily with the methods below.
I’ve included five methods below to fix the problem. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Perform a hard reset
To fix the bluetooth code 43 error, you can just perform a hard reset. This method has worked for some Windows 10 users, so you can give that a try. Refer these steps:
1) Shutdown your laptop.
2) Unplug the charger from your laptop.
3) Remove the battery. (If you don’t have a removable battery, skip this step.)
4) Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds.
5) Put the battery back in. (If you don’t have a removable battery, skip this step.
6) Plug the charger to the laptop again.
7) Turn on your laptop and check to see if the bluetooth error is resolved.
Method 2: Run bluetooth troubleshooter
Windows 10 built in bluetooth troubleshooter allows you to trouble and fix any bluetooth problems. You can follow these steps to run bluetooth troubleshooter to fix the bluetooth code 43 error.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and the I key) to open the Settings window.
2) Select Updates & Security.
3) Click Troubleshoot in the left pane and click on the Additional troubleshooters link in the right pane.
4) Under Find and fix other problems, click Bluetooth -> Run the troubleshooter.
5) Follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
6) Once the process completes, restart your computer and check to see if the bluetooth code 43 error is resolved.
If the error is not resolved, continue to try Method 3.
Method 3: Re-enable the bluetooth device
To fix the bluetooth code 43 error, you can try to re-enable the bluetooth device.
Note: Before you re-enable the bluetooth device, you need to ensure the Bluetooth Support Service is started. You can follow these steps to check if it’s started.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “services.msc” into the Run box and click OK to open the Services window.
3) Find Bluetooth Support Service and double-click on it to open the Bluetooth Support Services Properties window.
4) Ensure the Startup type is set as Automatic. If not, select Automatic from the drop-down menu and click Apply -> OK to save the changes.
Then follow these steps to re-enable the bluetooth device.
1) In Device Manager, right-click on the bluetooth device and select Disable device.
2) On the pop-up window, click Yes to confirm to disable the device.
3) Right-click on the bluetooth device again, and then select Enable device.
4) Restart your computer and check to see if the error is resolved.
Method 4: Reinstall the bluetooth driver
Reinstalling the driver may resolve the bluetooth code 43 error. To do so:
1) In Device Manager, right-click on the Bluetooth device and select Uninstall device.
2) Tick the checkbox next to Delete the driver software for this device.
3) Click Uninstall to uninstall the device.
4) Restart your computer and allow Windows to install the driver automatically.
5) Check to see if the code 43 error is resolved.
If the error persists, try Method 5.
Method 5: Update the bluetooth driver
The last method you can try is to update the bluetooth driver.
You can manually update the drivers if you want. Just head to the PC manufacturer’s website or the device manufacturer’s website to download the latest drivers corresponding to the Windows version you have.
If you don’t have the time and computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, to download the correct drivers, you don’t need to verify your computer model and your Windows version. You can update drivers with a few clicks even if you don’t have too much computer skills.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click on Scan Now to detect any problem drivers on your computer, then you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the bluetooth driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once download is done, you can install the driver with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
If you use the Pro version, you can click the Update All button to update all drivers automatically. Besides, you’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
Once the driver is installed, restart your computer and check to see if the error is resolved.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.