If you’d like to download and update drivers for your HP EliteBook 840 G5 notebook, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll learn how to download and update drivers for HP EliteBook 840 G5. It’s easy and quick.
Two ways are available for you to update the HP EliteBook 840 G5 drivers.
Way 1: Download and install drivers from HP
You can download and install drivers from HP’s official website manually. Refer to these steps:
1) Go to the driver download page of HP EliteBook 840 G5 on HP’s official website.
Once you’re on the page, your system will be detected automatically. You can see it at the top. This means you don’t need to check what Windows version you have.
2) Select the device driver that you want to update. For example, if you want to update the driver for your audio card, select Driver – Audio.
3) Click the Download button next to the driver, then the driver will be downloaded to your computer. You can verify the latest driver version according to the released date.
4) Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded file (.exe file) to install the driver on your computer.
Repeat the steps above to download and update all device drivers.
Tip: HP may not be able to provide you with the drivers you want. In this case, you’ll need to download the drivers from the hardware manufacturer. Or you can use a third party driver update utility to help update the drivers. See Way 2.
Way 2: Update drivers with Driver Easy (recommended)
If you don’t have the time to update the drivers manually, or if you can’t find the drivers you need on HP’s official website, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a third-party driver update utility with more than 300 million users around the world. You can use it to detect any missing or outdated drivers in a few seconds and update the drivers with a few clicks.
Here’ s how to use Driver Easy to update drivers:
1) Download Driver Easy Free and install it on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click the Scan Now button to detect any problem drivers on your computer. The process just takes a few seconds. Once done, Driver Easy will show you a list of drivers that needs to be updated.
3) Click the Update button next to the driver you want to update, then the driver will be downloaded to your computer automatically. After download is done, install the driver easily by following the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
To save more time and access full features, you can upgrade to Driver Easy Pro, which allows you to update all drivers with just one click. Besides, you can access full features like Driver Restore, Driver Backup, etc.
Hopefully you can update the HP EliteBook 840 G5 drivers easily with the above tips. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.