If you’d like to update the keyboard driver for your Surface Pro product, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll learn how to easily download and update the Surface Pro keyboard driver with the step-by-step guide.
You can use one of the two ways below to download and update the Surface Pro keyboard driver:
Way 1: Download and update the driver from Microsoft
Microsoft provides the latest drivers for Surface Pro products. For computer advanced users, you can manually download and update the Surface keyboard driver from Microsoft. To do so, refer to the below steps:
1) Go to the Microsoft official website.
2) Click the search button then type the keyword combination “your Surface product model + drivers” into the search box. For example, if you’re using Surface Pro 4, type “surface pro 4 drivers” into the search box, then press Enter. After that, you’ll see a list of related results shown on the screen.
If you have no idea what your Surface product model is, you can follow these steps to find it out:
a) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo button and then type “surface”.
b) Select the Surface app from the menu, then select Your Surface. Then you’ll see your Surface product model on the screen that appears.
3) Find and click on the link with the keywords like “surface pro 4 drivers and firmware…”(usually, the first link will be the right link). Then you’ll be directed to the download page for Surface Pro 4.
4) Click the Download button then you’ll be redirected to the download page for the driver files.
5) Select the right driver file (.msi file) depending on which version and build of Windows you’re using. For example, if you’re using Windows 10 build 18362, tick the box next to SurfacePro4_Win10_18362_21.061.12819.0.msi.
If you’re not sure what version and build of Windows you’re using, you can find it out by following the steps in this article: How to See What Version of Windows I Have.
5) Click Next then the driver file will be downloaded to your computer.
6) Once the download is done, double-click on the file to install the drivers on your computer.
Note: The driver file (.msi file) includes drivers and firmware for different devices such as sound card, graphics card and wireless card. If you just want to update the driver for your Surface Pro keyboard, Way 2 is for you.
Way 2: Download and update the driver with Driver Easy
You can download and update the Surface keyboard driver with Driver Easy, a third-party driver utility with more than 3 million users around the world.
With Driver Easy, to download the Surface keyboard driver, you don’t need to verify what Windows version and build you’re using. All you need is a few clicks. Here’s how to do it:
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch the application and click the Scan Now button to detect any outdated and missing drivers on your computer. The scan process may take several seconds. Once done, you’ll see a list of drivers that are available to update.
3) Click the Update button next to the Surface keyboard driver, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. Once the download is complete, install the driver easily with the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy.
Tip: To save more time, you can upgrade to Driver Easy Pro, which allows you to update all drivers at one time by clicking the Update All button.
Hopefully you can download and update the Surface keyboard driver easily with the steps above. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.