You may want to update your display adapter driver in Windows for some reason. Then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll learn how to easily download and update the display adapter driver on Windows 10 with the step-by-step guide.
Select one of the three ways below to download and update your display adapter driver. Note some ways may not work for you. If the one you try doesn’t work for you, try another one.
Way 1: Update the display adapter driver via Device Manager
You can update the display adapter driver via Device Manager. It’s easy and quick. Follow these steps.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “devmgmt.msc” into the Run box and click OK, then the Device Manager window will pop up.
3) Double-click on Display adapters to expand the category.
4) Under the Display adapters category, right-click on the graphics card device and select Update device.
5) Select Search automatically for drivers. Then Windows will search and update the graphics card driver.
Way 2: Download and update the display adapter driver from manufacturer’s website
Your PC manufacturer is supposed to keep updating the display adapter driver, so you can check from your PC manufacturer’s website and see if there’s a newer graphics card driver available.
1) Go to your PC manufacturer’s website.
2) Search with your PC model.
3) Go to the driver download page of your PC model.
4) Download the latest graphics card driver. To download the correct driver, you may need to verify what Windows 10 version you have (64-bit or 32-bit).
5) Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Way 3: Update the display adapter driver with Driver Easy
If you don’t have the time or computer skills to update the display adapter driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, you can update a driver easily without verifying the PC model, the device model or the Windows version. All you need is several clicks. Most importantly, you don’t need to worry about downloading a wrong driver.
Here’s how to use Driver Easy to update the display adapter driver.
1) Download and install Driver Easy Free on your computer.
2) Launch Driver Easy and then click Scan Now, then Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. The process may take several seconds. Once done, you’ll see a list of drivers that can be updated.
3) Locate the graphics card driver then click the Update button next to it, then the driver will be downloaded automatically. After the driver file is downloaded to your computer, you can follow the step-by-step guide from Driver Easy to install the driver easily.
If you upgrade to Driver Easy Pro, click the Update button, then the driver will be downloaded and installed automatically. To update all drivers, just click the Update All button.
Hopefully you can easily update the display adapter driver on Windows 10 with the above steps. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.