If you want to download and update the USB port driver, you’re in the the right place. In this article, you’ll learn how to download and update the USB port driver freely for Windows 10. It’s easy and quick.
There are two ways below for you to download and update the USB port driver:
Way 1: Download and update USB port drivers from PC manufacturers
Your PC manufacturer keeps updating drivers for their devices like audio cards, graphics cards and USB ports. So you can go to your PC manufacturer’s website to check and download the latest USB port driver. The detailed steps are vary depending on the manufacturer. Following steps are just for your reference:
1) Verify what your PC model is and what Windows version your computer is running.
2) Head to your PC manufacturer’s website and go to the support page where you should be able to download drivers.
3) Search for your PC model.
4) Download the USB driver corresponding with what Windows version you have.
5) Once download is done, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you’re using a built computer, or if you can’t find the USB port drivers on the PC manufacturer’s website, you can download the driver from the USB manufacturer’s website. See Way 2.
Way 2: Download and update USB port drivers from USB manufacturers
The steps to download the USB port driver from USB manufacturers are almost the same as the steps to download the drivers from PC manufacturers. First, you need to verify what USB device your computer is installing. If you’re not sure how to do it, you can refer to the steps below.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “msinfo32” into the Run box and click OK to open the System Information window.
3) Expand Components and click on USB. On the right side, you’ll see what USB device you have. In the example below, the USB device is “Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller”.
Once you’ve verified what USB device you have, head to the manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver for the device.
Tip: If you still can’t update your USB port drivers, you can use Driver Easy to help you. Driver Easy can detect outdated and missing drivers on your computer, and provide you with the latest version of drivers. To update the drivers, you just need a few clicks.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.